Lasagna is a family favorite eaten all around the world. But how do we make it even better. We grill up some fresh vegetable, get some lovely ribeye steak and then layer the whole thing between some delicious pasta sheets, use lots of cheese and some fantastic homemade pasta sauce.
The recipe below should serve about six people depending on everyone’s appetite but can stretch to eight people if you are serving up with side salads and whatever else takes your fancy. You will notice from the ingredients list that there is a lot of them! Most of them I hope you keep at home anyway so if you are lucky you will only need to visit the store for the meat and vegetables.
Ribeye Steak Lasagna Ingredients
- 1 Ribeye steak
- 1 Eggplant
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 1 Orange bell pepper
- 6 Portobello mushrooms
- 1 Purple onion
- 4 Carrots
- 2 Zucchinis
- 1 Stick unsalted butter
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 4 Cloves garlic paste
- 1.5 lbs fresh diced mozzarella
- 2 Cups fresh grated Parmesan
- 2 Cups alfredo sauce
- 1 Tsp corn starch
- 7 Cups marinara sauce
- 25-30 No-boil lasagna Sheets
- 1 Stick unsalted butter, diced
- 1 Cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 Tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 Pinch black pepper
- 1/2 Tsp coarse salt
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped basil leaves
- 1 Pinch grated nutmeg
- 1 Cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Yellow onion, finely diced
- 1/2 Red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 Celery stalk, finely diced
- 2 Carrots, finely diced
- 3 Cloves garlic paste
- 2 Tbsps. tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Oz red wine
- 4 Cans crush tomatoes (28 oz. cans)
- 3 Tbsp. dried basil
- 1/4 Tsp thyme
- 2 tsp Dried rosemary (not powder)
- 2.5 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tsp black pepper
- 1/4 Tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 Tsp dried crushed marjoram
Steak Lasagna Method
- Mix together oil, butter and the garlic paste over a medium heat. This will infuse the garlic flavor into the oil. Cut up all of your vegetable and brush the mixture over them. With the vegetables nicely covered grill them outside on the grill until they become slightly charred.
- Hopefully your steak will be at room temperature. If not take it out the fridge wait until its warmed up a bit and then season with salt and pepper. Head back out to the grill and sear it over a direct heat for about two minutes on each side.
- If you think your vegetables are too big then cut them into small strips. With the steak you should slice it against the grain into thin slices.
- Put the vegetables and steak into a large pan and put this to one side.
- Combine 2 cups alfredo sauce with one teaspoon of corn starch in a mixing bowl. Add in 6 cups of marinara and mix well.
- In the pan of vegetables and steak, add in a little bit of grated parmesan, diced mozzarella and a thin layer of the sauce mixture.
- Mix together everything in the pan well.
- Butter a casserole dish, and begin assembling lasagna in the pan, starting with a layer of sauce.
- Layer on lasagna noodles, followed by steak and vegetable mixture, some parmesan and mozzarella, and a layer of sauce.
- Layer more lasagna noodles and follow the same layering order until you reach the top of the casserole dish.
- For the final layer, top the noodles with sauce and a layer of mozzarella and parmesan.
- Cover lasagna with foil and bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and finish baking uncovered for 5-10 minutes, until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling.
- Allow lasagna to set up for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Plate, top with chopped Basil, and enjoy!
- In a sauce pan set over low to medium-low heat, begin melting diced butter with the heavy cream, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and salt. Allow the mixture to cook for 2 to 3 minutes, reducing the heavy cream.
- Once the cream is reduced, add the basil and nutmeg, cooking for another minute or so.
- Now, turn the burner to low and begin stirring in the parmesan cheese until it is all just melted and incorporated.
- Remove from the fire, and the sauce is ready to be incorporated into your recipe!
- Sauté the first six ingredients in a large sauce pan set over a medium to medium-high burner (about 8 to 10 minutes).
- Add in tomato paste and brown sugar, lower the fire to medium-low. Stir well.
- Deglaze pan with red wine, and add in crushed tomatoes.
- Allow the sauce to come up to a boil for about 10 minutes.
- Add in dry spices, stir and cover for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, taste sauce and adjust to taste. Tomatoes range in flavor, so adjusting seasoning at this point is important.
- Simmer sauce for 15 minutes, remove from fire and add to recipe!
We hope you love making this recipe and enjoy that it is a ribeye steak lasagna. If you love steak then check out our chimichurri steak recipe.